The primary role of phytotherapy in the problem of hoarseness is focused on using plants with the following properties:
- Anti inflammatory plants that reduce swelling.
- Anti bacterial plants that remove bacterial organisms causing inflammation.
- Mucilaginous plants that protect the irritated area.
Plants to make voice clearer
How to make voice clearer and more pleasant?
- Onion (Allium cepa) Because of its highly sulphurous contents, it becomes together with garlic, in one of the best natural remedies to fight infectious processes of respiratory tract (common cold, influenza, bronchitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis Onion mixed with equal parts honey clears voice. (Drink 3 tablespoons of onion juice daily sweetened with honey)
- Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) Like onion juice , tender cabbage juice can be used to combat hoarseness, making the voice more clear and pleasant. (Drink half a glass of cabbage juice with a teaspoon of honey before breakfast)
- Mallow : (Malva sylvestris) Rich in mucilage, it is ideal to soften the lining of the respiratory system. It is used in diseases of the respiratory processes such as cough, common cold, chest pain, hoarseness, aphonia, sore throat, etc. (Infusion for 5 minutes of a tablespoon of flowers with two leaves of eucalyptus. A couple of cups a day) (For external use make gargles with this preparation)
Mallow is ideal to soften the lining of the respiratory system
- Sundew (Drosera spp.) Sundew plumbalgin has antibiotic properties against Haemophilus pertussis and can help fight this infection. It is used in the treatment of bronchitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis and hoarseness. (Extract: 1 teaspoon every 2 hours)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) Also very rich in mucilages (Infusion of a spoonful of dried root per cup of water for 10 minutes. 2 cups a day.) (For external use make gargles with this preparation)
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla ) With antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties (Infusion with a tablespoon of dried flowers per cup of water. A couple of cups a day) ( You can gargle before swallowing the liquid)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) against respiratory diseases in general, sore throat, flu, etc.). (Decoction of a spoonful of dried leaves per cup. We will take two cups a day). (Gargling with this decoction in external use) (Chamomile and sage can be combined to 50% for the same purpose)
- Greater plantain (Plantago major) Perform gargles with an infusion of a teaspoon per cup of water.
- Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) Agrimony gargles, very rich in tannins, have been used by professional voice for the to provide more power to the voice and avoid aphonia. (Infusion of a tablespoon per liter of water. Make gargles)