Home remedies black eye
How to get rid of a black eye
REMEDIES FOR BLACK EYES
Phytotherapy. Herbal remedies for black eyes
The primary role of phytotherapy in the treatment of bruises in the eye involves using plants with the following activities:
- Anti-inflammatory plants: to reduce the eye swelling.
- Analgesic plants: to diminish pain.
- Plants to strengthen the blood vessels.
External preparations to treat black eyes
Among the more interesting plants we can point out the following:
- Arnica (Arnica montana) (Infusion of a flowering tops teaspoon per cup of water. Apply with a cloth with the resulting liquid on the affected part) (Arnica tincture diluted in water. Dip a cloth and apply on affected area) (Do not ingest)
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) It protects the capillary walls making it more resistant so as they could not so easily broken. It also has analgesic properties, therefore it helps reduce pain sensation. It is useful for the treatment of bruises on your eyes, and any kind of cardinal or or black marks appearing in your legs. It is also interesting to improve the symptoms of the blows suffered by athletes.
- Potato (Solanum tuberosum) In external use, potato juice used to combat pain and reduce inflammation and to heal the wounds, being interesting in cases of shock, sprains, blisters, burns, including sunburns, etc. (Peel several potatoes and pound them. Filter the juice with a cloth and apply it on the black eye) (Do not eat raw potato, since it is poisonous)
- Witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) This plant is one of the most prominent anti-inflammatories making it very appropriate to apply a damp towel with the liquid resulting from the infusion of 20 g. dry plant per liter of water.
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) (decoction of a handful of flower tops per liter of water. Apply with a cloth on the affected part)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) Applied as a plaster made with crushed fresh leaves, it helps heal skin conditions such as wounds or sores and it is very suitable for the treatment of bruises and bumps.
More information about black eyes and their natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.