There are many plant remedies that can be used to cure liver diseases, especially liver insufficiency.
The most important ones are the following:
Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale): It is a good stimulant for liver and bile and is very useful for hepatitis or liver failure. (Decoction of 100 g of roots 1500 ml of water. Take three cups per day)
Artichoke (Cynara scolymus): This is probably the best remedy for liver problems. ( Infusion of two teaspoons of dried leaves per liter of water three times daily before meals)
Olive tree (Olea europea) is interesting to take a spoonful of olive oil with empty stomach, a few drops of lemon to make it easier to take can be added.
Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum): To cure the congestion of the liver, the roots and stalks or juice of milk thistle crushed leaves are used.
- Chicory (Cichorium intybus) (maceration for a couple of weeks of 35 g. of crushed dried roots in a liter of white sherry wine. A daily glass divided into several tablespoons a day)
- Birch (Betula alba L.) (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves per cup of water. Drink a cup after each main meal)
- Linden (Tilia sp.) Choleretic and and cholagogue properties of linden bark are effective in cases of liver failure. (Take syrup or tincture preparations sold in pharmacies under the terms of the patient information leaflet)
- Agrimony ( Agrimonia eupatoria) (Drink a few cups a day of infusion of one teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water after meals) (50 drops of fluid extract daily in three divided doses. It can be obtained in pharmacies and health food stores)
- Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) Watercress help cleanse the liver and facilitate its recovery. (Eat the fresh plant in salads)
Mixed infusions : A good way to increase the beneficial effects of the first three plants is to prepare a mixed infusion with dandelion, artichoke leaves and a teaspoon of olive oil. Take it in the morning
Note: All the plant remedies mentioned in this article possess a very large diuretic power , so they make you urinate very abundantly. This may lead to unbalance your blood pressure, either in hypertension or hypotension. In case of blood pressure problems or heart problems, your doctor should have to monitor your treatment progress.
FOOD TIPS TO TREAT LIVER DISEASES
Diet should be very adequate in case of liver problems. On the first place, drinking wine or other alcoholic beverages, should be discarded, even though later liver tests may suggest that your liver health has been normalized.
Other foods that should be avoided are those that are rich in saturated animal fats: meats, especially fat meats and eggs. Whole cheese should be replaced by low-fat cheeses . You should not eat fried foods or sauces, high- fat bakery products: pastries, croissants, cookies, candy, sweets, etc.
It is advisable to use a low- fat diet, especially a plant-based diet instead. In general vegetables, especially fresh ones, are best suited to detoxify the liver, but there are some that are not appropriate that you should avoid: cabbage (any variety) spinachs and cucumbers.
There are also some fruits to avoid: melons, plums, bananas and apricots.
More information about liver diseases and their natural treatment in the listing above.