The best hair shampoos are natural shampoos. A natural shampoo is one that does not contain harsh chemical ingredients for the hair, such as detergents , artificial colorings, etc. In pharmacies and herbalists' you can find a wide range of suitable natural shampoos for every hair type.
It is also possible to prepare natural shampoos at home. By making a natural shampoo at your home you will be sure you are only using natural products. Besides, you are going to save some money.
How to make homemade shampoos?
Some of the best well-known homemade natural shampoos are:
Shampoos for normal hair
- Nettle shampoo with chamomile: Nettle is very good as a hair tonic. It is a plant with very well-known anti-baldness properties . The main components which are responsible for this property ar oleic, linoleic and palmitic acids and zinc.
Chamomile has beneficial properties for hair since it helps eliminate itching and flaking by means of killing the hair possible bacteria . Moreover, from an aesthetic standpoint, it clarifies the hair and makes it shine. (To make this shampoo is made an infusion of a spoonful of chamomile flowers with a quart of water to which is added a teaspoon of nettles.
Nettle shampoo with chamomile and egg for normal hair
- 1 spoonful chamomile flowers
- 1 spoonful nettle
- 1/2 liter of water
- 1 egg yolk
- Make a 15 minutes infusion of chamomile flowers in 250 ml of water.
- Make a 15 minutes infusion of nettle flowers in 250 ml of water.
- Mix both infusions in a bowl.
- Add the egg yolk and stir it well to form a soft paste.
- Put it in a plastic or crystal bottle.
- Close it well and keep it in the fridge until being used
It's a single use preparation. Apply on your hair abundantly. Leave it there for 5 minutes and rinse your hair well, preferable with mineral or natural water without chlorine. Repeat the process.
Use it in the same day of preparation. Don't ingest it. Don't keep it after using.