PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies to treat infected puncture wound
The use of herbal medicine in the treatment of punctures will use a number of medicinal plants seeking the following objectives:
- Disinfectant plants with anti microbial properties that protect the body against infection.
- Healing plants to accelerate recovery of tissues.
Among all the plants, we could mention the following ones:
External use medicinal plants for puncture sounds
- Echinacea (Echinacea ssp) (Apply plant juice or tincture of echinacea )
- Comfrey: (Sympytum officinale) ( Crush tender root and apply it with a gauze to the affected area)
- Aloe (Aloe vera) (You can use the gel from fresh leaves which is obtained by cutting a sheet with a sharp knife, and squeezing it until the liquid can be applied to the skin.) (Apply aloe gel preparation, available in pharmacies and health food stores to the affected area)
- Witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) It helps healing, diminishes pain and prevents infection (Apply witch hazel water on the wounds)
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) (Wash the affected area with liquid from the infusion for 10 minutes of a teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water)
- St. John's wort(Hypericum perforatum) (Wash puncture wound with hypericum oil ) - See complete study of the plant to take into account possible side effects.
- Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) Agrimony is an excellent vulnerary for healing wounds, scratches, cuts, punctures, minor burns, and so on. (Crush some fresh leaves and apply them as a compress on the wound)
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) (Apply the liquid from the infusion of one teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) (Apply the liquid from the maceration of 20 g of leaves in 3 / 4 liter of water or fresh plant applied on wounds)
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) Thyme is one of the best antiseptics, both internal and external use. Wash the puncture with a fully charged infusion of flowering tops three or four times a day)