REMEDIES FOR SCRATCHES
Natural treatment for scratches
HOW TO CURE SCRATCHES PREVENTING THEM TO BECOME INFECTED
Phytotherapy: Herbal remedies for scratches
The use of herbal medicine in the treatment of scratches will involve a number of medicinal plants seeking the following objectives:
Medicinal plants for external treatment of scratches
Among all the plants that we could use to treat scratches, we can distinguish the following: (Most of these treatment include topical application of essential oils. Remember not to apply undiluted essential oils on the skin)
- Echinacea (Echinacea ssp) The main virtue of echinacea is its anti microbial properties against bacteria, fungi and viruses, so that it constitutes a genuine alternative to chemical antibiotics. The reason for this property is due to its ability to stimulate the immune system, producing more white blood cells. (Apply the juice of the plant with a gauze or the tincture of echinacea. Tincture can be bought in pharmacies or herbalists')
- Aloe (Aloe vera) Aloe The aloe juice has antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and regenerative properties. Applied to the skin, it becomes one of the best remedies for healing cuts, wounds, sores, ulcers, burns, insect bites and so on. hence it enters in the composition of many creams for skin care (You can use the gel from fresh leaves that is obtained by cutting a sheet with a sharp knife. Press the leave to obtain the required juice and apply it on the cut) (You can also apply aloe gel preparation to the affected area. This product is available in pharmacies and health food stores)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) It helps disinfect the wound and promotes healing (dissolve 20 or 30 cc (1 cc = 1 ml) of essential oil in one liter of water and apply this mixture with a clean cloth or gauze to the wound)
- Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) Agrimony is an excellent vulnerary for healing wounds, scratches, cuts, punctures, minor burns, and so on. (Crush some fresh leaves and apply them as a compress on the wound)
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis, Lavandula latifolia) It helps to disinfect wounds, promoting healing and relieving pain (Wash the affected area with the liquid from a 10-minute infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water.
Internal treatment of scratches
Some plants remedies can be taken internally to foster body resistance to microorganisms, preventing wounds to become infected. (See more information about how to increase your immune system)
More information about scratches and other wounds and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.