Sometimes nails appear more sunken in the center than at the edges. They are generally called spoon-shaped nails.
Sunken nails , nails with raised edges, spoon-shaped nails.etc
The main causes that lead to the formation of this type of nails are:
- Food problems: A diet, deficient in vitamin A and B, proteins, iron and zinc and calcium seems to be the main cause of this anomaly in the nails
- Body problems: Certain diseases such as anemia, may cause spoon-shaped nails.
- Nail injuries: Pounding of nails against objects can damage the base of the nail, causing abnormal growth.
To prevent sinking nails we would have to consider the following tips:
- Take care of your diet. Use natural foods that provide proteins, vitamins and minerals suitable for good health of the nails.
- Protect your nails with gloves whenever they are going to to be subjected to any possible aggression. When washing up, gloves should be used.
- Take a medical checkup. If spoon shaped nails do not response to the above prevention tips , it is advisable to visit your doctor to diagnose if this anomaly responds to a health problem.
More information about spoon-shaped nails and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
What to do to remain young?
How to prevent allergies
What is aloe vera gel good for?
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.
© 1999-2015 Botanical-Online SL. All rights reserved.