VITAMINS FOR COLD
Supplements for cold
Vitamins for immune system
- Complex Vitamin B: The use of vitamin B during cold can ameliorate the symptoms of it and, above all, it can boost immunity to prevent disease relapse or possible complications. The usual dose is generally a pair of B-complex tablets, divided into two daily doses.
- vitamin A: It strengthens the immune system, making it very suitable to prevent the occurrence of many diseases, especially respiratory ones. Use of this vitamin during infection common cold helps combat the virus. The usual dose is situated between 25,000 and 75,000 IU in the form of carotenoids.
If the treatment has to be extended beyond one week, we must reduce it to 25. 000 IU daily. (For pregnant women dosages of supplements should not exceed the daily requirements (from 3500 to 4000 IU) and always under medical supervision)
Can vitamin C prevent common cold?
Recent studies have shown that ingestion of vitamin C does not prevent the occurrence of winter diseases such as cold, flu, or bronchitis. But it helps to improve symptoms and reduce the duration. Doses between 1000 and 6000 mg daily help reduce its duration by 20%. Moreover, same symptoms, as muscle pain or sneezing, are more bearable.
It can cause diarrhea, in which case the dose has to be lowered
Supplements for common cold
- Supplements of garlic: Because of its antibacterial properties it helps prevent the spread of opportunistic bacteria during the infection process. The usual dose is generally about 1600 to 2400 mg daily divided into four doses with meals. (See contraindications complete study of the plant)
- Supplements of echinacea: This plant, like garlic, is a good natural antibiotic. Removes microorganisms and enhances immunity. The usual dose for common cold is usually about 1000 mg per day divided into 5 daily doses. (It may cause allergic reactions in some people. Do not take when you have immune system diseases (AIDS, multiple sclerosis, tuberculosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.).
- Supplements of Zinc: They been proved to shorten the duration of a cold. The usual dose is generally one tablet every three hours the first three days of cold and then the rest of the week once every four hours. In any case de not exceed the total daily dose of 150 mg.
- Supplements of shiitake: By increasing the defenses shiitake protects against the spread of respiratory illnesses such as flu or common cold. (Eat shiitake mushrooms in the usual diet or take shiitake supplements according to the patient information leaflet conditions)
- Supplements of Reishi: The properties of this fungus are similar to shiitake (Eat reishi mushrooms or take supplements of reishi in capsules or tablets according to the conditions of the patient information leaflet.)
More information about common cold and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.