Aphonia natural medicine
APHONIA NATURAL TREATMENT
Characteristics of aphonia
There are some voice problems characterized by difficulty pronouncing words properly, making sounds different from what they should normally be.
Aphonia is characterized by a complete or partial loss of voice. This is produced by the impossibility of vibration of vocal cords. Vocal cords need to get into contact (=adduct) one another to vibrate. Once in contact, air flow coming from the lungs strikes them and produces the vibration which is necessary to create sounds.
Vocal cord adduction is produced when the muscles of the larynx receive the proper order to do so through the recurrent laryngeal nerve. Because of different reasons, this nerve signal is interrupted so the necessary order is not given. Consequently, vocal cords fail to vibrate and no sound is delivered. This state of functional disorder of voice is called aphonia.
Symptoms of aphonia
the most important ones are: Loss of voice, voice is not heard, hoarse voice, low intensity voice, etc.
Causes of aphonia
The main important causes are:
- Respiratory diseases: Among these, some very well knows are laryngitis or inflammation of the larynx, sore throat or inflammation of the throat, tonsillitis, or inflammation of the tonsils (tonsillitis), persistent cough, allergies, nodules, tumors, etc.
- Misuse of voice: There are some occasions when voice is forced too much. For example: voices pushing too hard for work reasons (teachers, singers, vendors, public relations, etc.); voices showing anger (loud cries of anger or reprimand); prolonged crying (especially children crying) All these situations can irritate the vocal cords an can be a cause of aphony.
- Ingestion of toxic or irritant products: Smoking, alcohol ingestion of irritants (pepper, vinegar, harsh chemicals, etc.) can produce aphonia.
- Ingestion of foreign objects: They can result in temporary or permanent change of voice.
- Nerve cause (Psychogenic aphonia): This is the reason for some hoarse voices, or also for voices with a different timbre or intensity which appear in certain cases of nervousness. Sometimes this situation produces a husky voice or a sharp and shrilly voice similar to a whistle.
- Handling of the larynx: Certain operations or medical procedures such as polyp surgery, insertion of cannulas for a review of the digestive or respiratory tract (bronchoscopy) may cause hoarseness or voice changes.
- Excessive cold: Cold contact with the throat because of cold weather or when drinking cold beverages or eating cold ice creams can cause a change in voice.
Treatment of aphonia
Aphonia, hoarseness, or voice changes that do not disappear in three or four days require care from a specialist who will make a diagnose of the real causes of the problem. (There could be some serious problem related with it)
The natural treatment of aphonia involves using a series of natural resources that help to prevent or remedy it.
More information about aphonia natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.