How to get rid of dandruff
TIPS TO PREVENT DANDRUFF
In order to improve scalp health and prevent the development of dandruff we could follow these recommendations:
- Wash your hair properly: At least once a week and no more than two to avoid it reacting which will produce more dandruff.
You can use a medical shampoo, that it is usually very rich in in selenium or zinc in order to remove flaking. Ketoconazole has got antifungal properties.
Remember not to abandon the treatment if dandruff seems to disappear, although you should decrease the treatment because it can harm your scalp. A weekly application is enough to prevent its recurrence.
- Brush your hair properly: You should use a soft brush. (Best if it is made from camel bristles) Do not use a comb. It could scratch you scalp too much, improving inflammation.
Do not abuse of the dryer, since it can overheat your scalp. Try to minimize hair dyes, lacquers, gels and other similar hair products.
- Increase blood circulation to your scalp. You can help by performing two or three minutes of daily inverted position exercises to facilitate blood flow. To do this lean against the wall, place the body upright with your head down and feet up. Try to remain in this position for some minutes.
- Undertake a healthy diet. Eat natural food, with the presence of many vegetables and fruits. Avoid eating too much animal food. Follow a low-fat diet. Avoid eating seafood. Some plant food, such as citrus (oranges, lemons, grapefruit, etc.) may not be suitable because sometimes they cause allergic reactions in the scalp, especially in children.
*More information about this subject on Seborrheic dermatitis diet
It is recommended a diet high in vegetables
- Avoid stress and, if necessary, perform some type of relaxing activity to help overcome it. Sleeping well helps keep hair in good condition (See Natural remedies for stress)
- Treat your hair problems with natural remedies. They can solve some of your hair troubles easily, avoiding the contraindications and side effects that can derive from official treatment products.
More information about dandruff and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.