Diabetes natural medicine
How to treat diabetes with plants
Characteristics of diabetes
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder consisting of a excess of sugar in the blood or urine. There are two types of diabetes:
- Diabetes insipidus caused by a lack of the hormone vasopressin.
- Diabetes mellitus, caused by alterations in the metabolism of sugar. It is a disease that affects 1% of the population but more than a half are not aware of suffering it. Within this we have two varieties:
- Insulin-dependent diabetes (type I diabetes): It is a disease affecting children and youth. It has a very fast development characterized by a deficiency of insulin in the blood caused by an alteration in the pancreas.
- Non-insulin dependent diabetes (type II diabetes), It appears almost always in people older than 40.. It is characterized by an inability of cells to absorb insulin from the blood, although production by the pancreas may be normal. Its evolution is much slower than juvenile diabetes.
People with diabetes must control their diet and sugar intake
Symptoms of diabetes
The main symptoms of diabetes are:
- Continually needing to urinate.
- Weight loss.
- Itching of the whole body.
- Healing problems
Causes of diabetes
Among the main causes we can mention the following:
- Lack of insulin.
- Poor use of insulin.
- Inadequate diet (Too many carbohydrates and sugars can trigger the disease over the years)
- Lack of physical exercise (This cause, combined with an inadequate food intake, contributes to increased risk of disease)
Consequences of diabetes
It is a serious disease because of its destructive effect on the body. The main consequences may include:
- Severe vascular abnormalities that may affect the legs and even cause necrosis with the subsequent need for amputation. There is also a great danger of brain damage.
- Kidney Diseases.
- Heart diseases.
- Ocular diseases.
Treatment of diabetes
In the case of diabetes insipidus, the administration of the hormone vasopressin, which causes the disease, helps to normalize the situation. With regard to diabetes mellitus, the normal progression of the disease usually leads to long treatment with insulin.
The natural treatment of diabetes involves the use of a series of natural resources that can prevent or slow disease progression. A continuous and adequate phytotherapy, together with some correct life and eating habits can help to correct the disease progresses. In any case, this natural treatment can serve to diminish the use of chemical remedies.
More information about diabetes natural treatment in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.