Home remedies for cerumen
REMEDIES FOR WAX EAR PLUGGS
Natural products to remove your wax ear plugs
How to get rid of wax ear plugs?
Using certain folk remedies can help prevent their formation or facilitate their softening and possible self- removal.
You should never use any objects trying to remove wax ear plugs by yourself.
This also refers to cotton swabs that must only be used to the exterior cleaning of your ears.
It should be noted that these treatments should never be applied when suspecting perforation in the eardrum.
PHYTOTHERAPY FOR EARWAX REMOVAL
Herbal remedies to prevent remove ear plugs
Phytotherapy in the treatment of earwax focuses on the use of a number of plants whose role is focused on softening earwax and remove any germs that may have been form in the air canal.
Among the most suitable plants we will point out the following:
- Almond (Prunus amygdalus) Almond oil can be useful to soften plugs and to facilitate subsequent extraction (Put a couple of drops of almond oil inside the ear and cover the ear with a bit of cotton. Disinfect the ear with parsley or onion juice after the extraction.)
Almond oil can help you to get rid of earwaxes
Olive oil is a good remedy to remove earwax
- Papaya (Carica papaya) The components of this plant help to dissolve ear wax.
Papaya drops formula to dissolve the earplugs
- 0.7 g of papain
- Half gram of sodium bicarbonate
- 1 tablespoon of distilled water
How to prepare?
- Mix all the ingredients
How to apply?
- Dip a cotton ball and insert it in the ear for a while.
Hydrogen peroxide for earplugs
Another home remedy to remove earplugs is to use a few drops of hydrogen peroxide following the following procedure:
- Tilt the head so that it becomes parallel to the ground.
- Insert a couple of drops in the ear more distant from the floor and, without moving the head, let stand for about 10 minutes for the hydrogen peroxide to act.
- Staying still as we notice the liquid boiling inside the ear and the hydrogen peroxide causes us to itch.
- After this time, turn the head and empty the ear where the hydrogen peroxide has been poured
- Repeat the process with the other ear.
The use of these remedies is not enough at times to completely remove earwax plugs. In this case, after softening the wax with any of the above products, additional extraction techniques such as using the syringe or the curette might be necessary.
These two processes can be dangerous if performed by unskilled personnel. In these cases, these methods are not recommended to be done by yourself. You should go to a health professional.
More information about ear wax in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.