Foods that contain a lot of copper
RICH COPPER FOOD LIST
Food from animal origen with lots of copper
- Viscera: Chicken liver, beef, pork, turkey, lamb, etc. Pates made from liver, kidneys, hearts, brains, sweetbreads.
- Red meat: lamb, duck, goose, pig
- Seafood: squid, mussels, clams, prawns, shrimps, prawns, lobsters, oysters, snails, etc.
Vegetal food rich in copper
Dry fruits, as almonds, are rich in copper
- Dried fruit, seeds and dehydrated fruits: almonds, nuts, raisins, hazelnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, opium seeds, Brazil nuts, cashews.
Legumes, as beans, are rich in copper
- Legumes: especially chick-peas, kidney beans, lentils, beans, peas, soybean, etc.
- Vegetables: Broths of many vegetables, mushrooms
- Cereals: Especially breakfast cereals that contain more than 0.2 copper mgs. Whole grains are rich in copper, such as oats, barley, rice, wheat, etc.
- Vegetal protein: Meat and soy milk or soy products, like tofu or soy flour.
Chocolate contains a lot of copper
- Cacao products: Chocolate, cocoa, cookies, candy or ice cream containing cocoa or chocolate.
- Dried fruits: prunes, raisins, dates, etc.
Potatoes are rich in copper
Some mineral waters can contain a lot of copper
More information on foods high in minerals
27 June, 2019