- 1 Natural plant treatment of Crohn’s disease
Natural plant treatment of Crohn’s disease
CHARACTERISTICS OF CROHNS’S DISEASE
What is Crohn’s disease?
It is known as Crohn’s disease a chronic inflammation of the intestine with the appearance of frequent or continuous intermittent episodes of diarrhea alternating with possible periods of constipation.
Inflammation, which may appear anywhere in the digestive tract, tends to focus on the junction between the small intestine and the thick intestine, area known as ileus.
It can affect the entire thickness of the intestinal wall which usually produces strong ulceration and, in some cases, the obstruction of it. In addition, the disease can affect other organs like the bladder.
It is a disease that usually appears between 15 and 35 years of age.
Differences between Chron’s disease and ulcerative colitis
Unlike ulcerative colitis, it has a discontinuous extension, that’s to say, between affected segments, some areas can be healthy.
Crohn’s disease main characteristics
Symptoms of Crohn’s disease
- Severe pain in the abdomen, may be bloody diarrhea, sometimes constipation, gas, flatulence
- Painful evacuation, sounds in the intestine,bad-smelling stools
- Poor appetite
- Decreased body weight
- Intestinal ulcers
- Problems in the liver
- Joint pain,
- Kidney stones
- Eruptions in the skin
- Inflammation in the eyes
- Mouth sores
Causes of Crohn’s disease
No one knows exactly what causes can produce it but several possible causes have been suggested, that according to most specialists, are a consequence and not a cause of this disease. Among them, we would mention:
- Food allergies: Studies show the highest incidence of this disease in urban than in rural areas and in Western societies than in less developed countries. All this has made us think that food could be a trigger of it.
- Autoimmunity: The body itself, stimulated by a virus or bacteria could attack the patient’s own intestine.
- Genetics: A quarter of the patients has family history of the illness. It is more frequent between the white race that in the black race. Within the white race, it appears with special frequency in the Jews.
- Breathing problems.
- Lack of digestive enzymes.
Diagnostics and treatment of Crohn’s disease
Crohn’s disease requires immediate treatment by the doctor to prevent a deterioration of the disease that can lead to other more serious processes such as intestinal obstruction articular inflammation, fistulas, festering boils, eye problems, cirrhosis, vitamin deficiencies, etc..
If you have any symptoms that may suggest the presence of this disease, call your doctor immediately to make the proper diagnosis (blood tests, stool tests, x-rays or colonoscopy)
Conventional treatment of Crohn’s disease involves the administration of a number of drugs that reduce inflammation, prevent attacks and avoid the infection of the ulcers.
In some cases it may require hospitalization and even the use of surgery for the removal of part of the intestine where occlusion has occurred. In this case, unlike what happens with ulcerative colitis, surgery does not cure the disease.
How to avoid Crohn’s disease?
- Reducing stress is recommended.
- Diet: Being a digestive disease, it is important to follow a diet with well tolerated food, trying to improve the health status of the digestive mucous membranes. It is recommended to have a dietary diary and observe the reaction produced by each food to see if there is any personal food intolerance. If there is, remove the product that is considered to be irritating to the intestine and observe.
- In case of outbreaks, take a soft diet, poor in fiber and raw foods, with tubers, rice, vegetables and cooked fruits (mashed potatoes, creams, cooked pear, baked apple, etc.), avoiding sugar, fats , industrial products, sauces and spices.
The natural treatment of Crohn’s disease involves the use of a series of natural resources that are able to prevent or alleviate it.
More information on the natural treatment of ulcerous colitis.
6 April, 2020