RECIPES WITH OATS
SEED BREAD WITH BIRDSEEDS
Ingredients for 2 breads:
CS = Tablespoon **
- CS 1 of yeast
- ½ CS sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- ¾ cups milk
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 2 CS melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 CS birdseed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or cornmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and ½ of sugar.
- Add salt, honey and melted margarine or butter.
- Add all seeds, cornmeal and oatmeal. Sift and stir the whole wheat flour and oatmeal.
- Mix well and sift the wheat flour for bread. Knead by hand or mixer. More or less flour can be added according to the desired texture.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl sprayed with oil and cover it with a clean cloth.
- Let the mixture stand until having doubled in volume. This bread is very heavy and may take some time, if we place it near a heater (for example), it will take less time. So, this may take 40-50 minutes.
- Train loaves of desired size in other container, and re-cover and leave to rise again.
- Preheat oven to 180 º C.
- Bake at 180 º C for 30-40 minutes or until golden. We can see that the bread is cooked when the container bottom "sounds hollow" when tapped.
More information about oats in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.