Brussel sprouts with curry sauce
Curcuma longa recipes
HOME RECIPE AND PROPERTIES OF BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CURRY SAUCE
Properties of Brussels sprouts with curry sauce
They are a variety of cabbage belonging to the Cruciferous family, which would be included other types of cabbage, cauliflower, etc.
The benefits of these vegetables stand on a few components called glucosinolates, with antioxidant and protective properties against colon cancer.
Ultimately, Brussels sprouts with curry sauce is a delicious vegetable recipe, suitable for all kinds of balanced diet: For children, youth, adults, the elderly, athletes, etc.
It can be served to accompany rice dishes, pasta, vegetables, fish or meats.
Brussels sprouts with curry sauce, freshly cooked in the oven.
For Brussels sprouts:
- Brussels sprouts and a pinch of salt
- 250 ml. coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews can be used roasted or salted cashews. It can also be prepared with peanuts. Do not use fried nuts.
- 1 onion
-. 2 tablespoons of turmeric or curry (There are many types of curry (which means spice mixture) that can be used, each has a distinct flavor. For people who do not want to risk, we recommend using turmeric Turmeric instead of curry gives much color and has a mild taste that goes well with coconut milk)
- Olive oil
Preparation of brussels sprouts
- Wash and prepare Brussels sprouts, removing the outermost leaves and cutting the base slightly.
- Steam for about 14 minutes. Minerals and water soluble vitamins are best stored (Another option is to boil brussels sprouts)
Brussels sprouts with the outer leaves removed.
Preparing curry sauce
- Soak cashews in a glass of water to hydrate and lose too much salt (if purchased salted) for 20 minutes. At that time you can prepare brown rice, pasta, quinoa, vegetables or accompany the main dish Brussels sprouts with curry.
- Cut the onion into cubes and fry with oil and a pinch of salt over medium heat.
- In parallel, cut parsley into strips and chop it with cashews.
- Add the coconut milk and cashew nuts to fried onion. Cook for 10-15 minutes over low heat.
- The last 5 minutes of cooking, add 2 tablespoons turmeric and stir well until blended completely. Add turmeric at the end of cooking so as not to spoil its medicinal properties.
- The remaining curry sauce is lumpy texture. Optionally it can be crushed to form a smooth sauce.
Brussels sprouts with turmeric sauce, accompanied by brown rice.
Mix brussels sprouts with curry sauce:
- In a baking dish, place the sprouts.
- Bathe Brussels sprouts with turmeric or curry sauce.
- Gratin them in the oven for 5 minutes and serve.
Presentation of the recipe
- Serve accompanied by rice, meat, fish, etc.
More information about turmeric recipes and properties in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.