ESSENTIAL OIL OF CALENDULA
Characteristics of calendula oil
Calendula oil is an oil extracted from pot marigold (Calendula officinalis) and other cultivated marigolds and wild marigolds (Calendula arvensis). It is extracted using solvents.
Its color is greenish brown and it smells hard. It is rich in resins (mainly Calenduline), vegetable wax and volatile oils.
Calendula oil properties
Drawing of marigold (Calendula officinalis)
It is primarily used for external use skin abnormalities. Its main properties are the following: anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiseptic, vulnerary, moisturizing and tonic.
It enters in the composition of many beauty creams for the skin care, such as creams for facial blemishes or dry skin creams, well prepared at home or purchased in health food stores.. Also as an ingredient on many products made by the perfume industry.
Calendula oil at home
You can make your own calendula oil at home, to achieve economic benefits and greater control over the quality. To make calendula oil at home, you can use the following formula:
|How to make calendula oil at home|
- Marigold flowers
- In a medium litter glass jar pour the marigold flowers.
- Add some calendula oil to lightly coat the marigold flowers.
- We will close the the container well and place it in the sun for 20 or 30 days. Each day, we will remove the bottle well.
- After 20 or 30 days, we will filter the liquid well and we will bottle it in a dark glass jar in a cool dry place away from light and heat..
Apply a few drops diluted in a light base oil such as sunflower or grape oils or in a skin cream. Apply with a gauze to solve skin problems.
- Do not swallow.
- Perform a test on the skin before applying (Use a small sample on the inside of the wrist. Cover with a bandage and leave there for a little over an hour. If reactions occur, refuse it or decrease the dose)
- Do not leave the bottle out of reach of animals and children.
- Do not use when pregnant
- Do not apply to open or oozing wounds.
More information on calendula in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.