How to cook cashew nuts
Photo of cashew cashews. They can be ground to add to preparations, sauces, rice, etc.
Cashews are oleaginous seeds, rich in oils, crisp texture, smooth and creamy. They combine with all kinds of preparations, both sweet and salty.
In the recipes, cashew nuts can be used in different ways and in different presentations, in a range of different elaborations.
You can find raw, salted, toasted, fried cashews with sugar, honey or salt.
Different cashew recipes in the world
Cashew nuts are prepared in some areas of Colombia. In Panama, soft drinks are made with the juice of the fruit (apple of cashew), to which they are added the seeds toasted and chopped.
In Southeast Asia, mainly in Thai cuisine, they use crushed cashews to add them to the curry sauce, meat dishes, fish, or rice.
It is also a common ingredient in African cuisine, especially as ingredients of sauces.
The way it is most often consumed, is as an appetizer or snack, but also used to batter, as an ingredient for salads or desserts, even in the preparation of some sauces.
VEGETABLES WITH CASHEWS AND CURRY RICE
Cashews. They can be ground to add to preparations, sauces, rice, etc.
Ingredients of cashew with vegetables
- 100g of raw cashews.
- 200g basmati or wild rice.
- 100ml of milk or coconut cream
- 1 bunch green asparagus.
- 1 onion.
- 1 zucchini.
- 1 pepper.
- ½ broccoli.
- Curry Powder.
- Put a pot of water to boil, to boil rice.
- Wash and chop vegetables, namely onions, zucchini, peppers, broccoli, green asparagus and cilantro if fresh.
- Saute with a little oil all the vegetables in the order described above and finally add cashews.
- When all the vegetables are almost fully cooked, pour the coconut cream.
- Add the curry powder to taste.
- Add salt and pepper.
- When the rice is cooked, remove from heat and strain. Passing in cold water to prevent sticking.
- Mix the rice with vegetables in sauce.
- Dish and serve.
Use of cashew with vegetables
It is consumed as a starter.
Cashews cooked in the oven
More cashew recipes
- Cashew Sauce.
More information on cashews in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.