Chard pie recipe
- Bread dough (you can buy it at the bakery)
- 1Kg of chards
- 1 large onion
- 2 boiled eggs in cubes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and a teaspoon of herbs de Provence
- 6 chopped walnuts
- Boil the chard, clean it and chop it, drain it and reserve it. (You can use the herbal water for cooking: soups, rice...)
- We will put the oil in a skillet and saute the chopped onion and garlic with a little salt, when the chard is golden, we will stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add nuts, eggs and herbs of Provence, and stir well.
- Prepare the pies with the dough, making balls the size of tennis balls or a little smaller (with clean floured hands to prevent the dough from sticking) and crush them in a circle, to which we will add a portion of filling and close it, folding each pie in a half crescent shape, with a cord on the edge, with the fingers or pressing it with the tines of a fork, tracing small crevices.
You can decorate them, painting them with egg and adding a little bit of poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
We will cook them on a tray with cooking paper at 200°C. We will try to put them separated so they do not come together when cooked (they grow quite a lot).
More information about chard in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.