HOME REMEDIES FOR DYSMENORRHEA
Natural medicine for irregular menstruation
Characteristics of dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is a disease of the female sexual apparatus which consists in having the period or menstruation in an irregular way.
Symptoms of dysmenorrhea
Causes of dysmenorrhea
The main causes of dysmenorrhea are:
- Diseases of the genital organs. (Importance of a gynecological revision)
- Lack of sexual activity
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies for pain in menstruation
Useful medicinal plants for dismenorrhea
In order to alleviate the pain it is advisable to prepare mixed infusions to equal parts of: Sage: (Salvia officinalis L.), Rosemary: (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) and Chamomile: (Matricaria chamomilla L.) Take three cups per day until the pain diminishes
Photography of rosemary flowers
In order to avoid the spasms a pad of wild thyme (Thymus serpyllum) can be prepared, with leaves and stems within a clothes cover and placed near the abdominal area at night during sleep.
- Penny royal (Mentha pulegium) Favors the expulsion of the blood. (Infusion of 2 spoonfuls of dry leaves, the double of tender leaves in a liter of water. Take a pair from cups per day. Do not exceed this amount. See toxicity in the general study of the plant.
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) Nutmeg helps regulate menstruation, being suitable for dysmenorrhea (3 g of powdered nutmeg divided into three doses)
Photography of nutmeg seed, which is ground and used as a spice
- Guarana: (Paullina cupana) Extracts of guarana are used to tread pain in menstruation.
- Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis)
- Shepherd's-purse (Capsella Bursa-pastoris) If the menstruations are not regular in the puberty it is advisable to prepare infusions with shepherd's-purse. A teaspoon per water cup during one week before the menstruation. It is not possible to be applied during pregnancy
- Vervain (Verbena officinalis) (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water for 10 minutes. Drink 3 cups a day). It is contraindicated in cases of excessive vaginal bleeding and endometriosis.
- Cherry tree (Prunus avium L.) The decoctions of cherry flowering tops turn out as very suitable to favor the menstruation, alleviating the pains the pre-menstrual syndrome (Boil one tablespoon of flower tops per cup of water for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and take a two glasses per day)
- Anise: (Pimpinella anisum) (Infusion of a spoonful of nuts per cup of water. Drinking three cups a day)
Photography of anise seeds
- Witch hazel(Hamamelis virginiana) irregular menses in preparations with witch hazel will help to stabilize the bleeding. (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves per cup of water. Take 2 cups daily)
External use preparations for dismenorrhea
- Yarrow: (Achillea millefolium L.) (Boil a handful of flower summits in a litter of water during 15 minutes. Pour it in the bath or in a basin and make hip baths with this preparation)
- Mustard (Brassica nigra) Sinapized foot baths or foot baths with mustard mustard helps activate circulation in the legs and relieves menstrual pain. (15-30g of mustard flour in 1 liter of hot water for 10 minutes. Take foot baths).
Photo of black mustard seeds (Brassica nigra)
More information in the listing above.
TABLE OF COMMON PAINS
|Muscles and sinews|
|Muscular atrophy||Bones and joints|
|Spasms/ache/cramps||Back or spine ache|
|Muscular distensions and tears||Neck pain|
|Stomach ache||Period pains|
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.