VITAMINS AND MINERAL FOR FIBROMYALGIA
Supplements for fibromyalgia
VITAMINS, MINERALS AND OTHER SUPPLEMENTS TO REMEDY FIBROMYALGIA
The main supplements for the treatment of fibromyalgia are: (See complete study of each of them to determine incompatibility or possible toxicity)
- Magnesium: Magnesium deficiency shown by many fibromyalgia sufferers leads to recommended supplement intake of this mineral. It has been demonstrated that patients taking these supplements have fewer episodes of pain. They are advised to take magnesium with malic acid. The latter promotes the absorption of magnesium and makes fibromyalgia more bearable. The usual dose is 300 mg of magnesium and 1200 mg of malic acid divided into two doses. There are magnesium malate preparations which have both components.
- Vitamin C: Because of its antioxidant properties. vitamin C helps preserve muscle cells against degeneration which can improve or prevent muscle symptoms of fibromyalgia. The usual dose is about 3000 mg per day in 3 divided doses.
- Grape seeds: Grape seeds extract may enhance the antioxidant action of vitamin C. The usual dose is 200 mg daily divided into 2 doses.
- Saint John's wort: St. John's wort extracts standardized with hypericin at 3% are used to decrease the sensation of pain and treat depressive symptoms that accompany this syndrome. The usual dose is 900 mg daily in three divided doses. (This preparation specifically requires approval by the physician. See general toxicity in the study of the plant)
- Melatonin: It may help fibromyalgia patients sleep better. The usual dose is 3 mg before bedtime.
More information on fibromyalgia in the listing above
TABLE OF COMMON PAINS
|Muscles and sinews|
|Muscular atrophy||Bones and joints|
|Spasms/ache/cramps||Back or spine ache|
|Muscular distensions and tears||Neck pain|
|Stomach ache||Period pains|
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.