Guava "cascos confitados" recipe
GUAVA "CASCOS CONFITADOS" RECIPE
- 2 - 3kg. guava
- 1 - 1.5 kg. brown sugar. The sugar quantities depend on each person's palate. Some recipes add the same amount of sugar than guava.
- Lemon juice
- Clean guavas.
- Peel guavas carefully, trying to preserve their "helmet shape" (forma de cascos, hence the Spanish title)
- Cut the guavas in half and, with the help of a spoon, drain the fleshy inside (where the seeds) are and set aside. This pulp we can be used to make a shake or juice, but not for this recipe.
- Boil guava helmets and strain.
- Put them in a saucepan with sugar and water (to cover). Add the lemon juice, cinnamon, cardamom and spices to taste.
- Remove carefully to prevent fruit from sticking.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, or when the juice is with the desired texture.
- Serve as a dessert. In some regions, it is served with fresh cheese or cottage cheese.
More recipes and information about guava in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.