Guava jam recipe
GUAVA JAM RECIPE
- 2 kg. guava
- 1 kg. brown sugar. The sugar quantities depend on each person's palate. Some recipes add the same amount of sugar than guava.
- Lemon juice
- 1.5 l. water
- Optional: cinnamon, cardamom seeds and cloves.
- Clean and peel the guavas.
- Cut the guavas into small pieces.
- Cook them in a saucepan over very low heat, with 2 cups of water and cover for 15 minutes.
- Strain to remove seeds from the pulp. Discard the seeds.
- In a saucepan, cook the guava with sugar and water (to cover). Add the lemon juice, cinnamon, cardamom and spices to taste.
- Remove carefully to prevent fruit from sticking.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, or when you have the desired texture.
- Still hot, pour the jam in glass jars and seal.
- Marmalade is a preparation with almost no fat, it gives us energy in the form of sugars. It is an ideal condiment to take for breakfast or snack when we need to take energy to work during the day or evening.
- This recipe must be tempered in case of diabetes.
More recipes and information about guava in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.