Antartic NKO Krill oil properties
Benefits of krill oil
What is NKO krill oil?
NKO Krill Oil (Neptune Krill Oil) is a patented method of extracting oil from krill (Euphausia superba), a crustacean from Antarctic origin. This animal contains the type of omega 3 more active and with the greatest known bioavailability. Unlike fish oils, krill oil essential fatty acids are are bound to phospholipids, so that that they are much easier to digest.
The cold extraction system is what best retains the properties of its fat. It is patented by Neptune Technologies & Bioressources. It is fished sustainably in the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean (less than 2% of the catch limits set by CCAMLR - Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources), and the oil is extracted by cold patented process NKO.
Properties of Krill Oil
Krill omega 3 improves circulation by thinning the blood
- Cardiovascular Health: Krill oil (Euphausia superba) is one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which are considered the most active, with anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic and vasodilator properties.
These properties are suitable for circulatory diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, thrombosis, high cholesterol, heart failure and other heart diseases. In Antarctic krill, EPA is a potent blood fluidizer that prevents blood in these animals from freezing, acting as a natural antifreeze.
Phospholipids improve the absorption of omega 3 (EPA and DHA), because they help emulsify these fats, and easy transport, being an omega 3 supplement better tolerated for people with fat digestion, bile insufficiency, etc., They neither produce reflux. These phospholipids are also indispensable for the formation of good cholesterol HDL component.
In a study for 12 weeks, krill oil decreased levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol by 32% and increased HDL good cholesterol by 44%.
Essential fatty acids for the nervous system
Omega 3 DHA and phospholipids are important for the nervous system and mood
- Nervous system: It is the best source of DHA and phospholipids, two very abundant fats in the brain and nervous system, as part of nerve connections and membranes of neurons.
DHA fats and phospholipids may help improve memory and concentration. These fats can have benefits on hyperactivity, mild depression, schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis, and other diseases of the nervous system.
They are also a kind of important fats during pregnancy, in the formation of the fetal nervous system.
For this reason, krill oil is one of the most recommended and effective for many nervous disorders and ocular supplements, since vision is a closely related (part) of the nervous system: eyestrain, etc.
- Joint pain: Omega 3 is also anti-inflammatory and helps improve arthritis, increases flexibility and reduces joint pain and stiffness. In studies it has been proved how fish oil supplements have achieved in some cases to reduce the amount of anti-inflammatory drugs.Daily 300mg krill oil NKO significantly reduce inflammation and reduce symptoms of arthritis within 14 days.
According to a study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition (2007), in 1 week it reduced joint pain by 24%, 22% stiffness and improved joint flexibility by 16%.
These anti-inflammatory properties may also be suitable for the states of inflammation of premenstrual syndrome.
Composition of NKO Krill Oil
Krill oil is an important source of essential omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids EPA and DHA, phospholipids and astaxanthin (antioxidant). It is also a very important source of choline.
NKO Krill Oil (patented), 1 pearl contains:
- Total fat: 410 mg
- Phospholipids: 210 mg
- Omega 3 fatty acids: 150 mg
- Of which EPA: 75 mg
- Of which DHA: 45 mg
- Omega 9 fatty acids: 50 mg
- Omega-6 fatty acids: 10 mg
- Choline: 36.5 mg
- Astaxanthin: 0.65 mg
More information on Omega essential acids.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.