Properties of mandarines
PROPERTIES OF MANDARINES
What is a mandarin orange?
A mandarine, mandarin or mandarin orange is the fruit of a mandarin tree (Citrus reticulata). It is not the same than a tangerine, which is a variety of mandarin produced by a tangerine or tangerine tree (Citrus tangerina)
A mandarine has a slightly oval round shape, with a thick and rough skin. The color of its skin is orange with light green tones.
Inside, it contains an edible pulp of a light orange color and a fibrous texture.
Within the fibers of the pulp contains some bones, which are the seeds.
What do mandarines contain?
As a source of energy, 100 grams of mandarins give us 44 kilocalories.
Its proportion of nutrients is divided into:
- More than 87% is water
- Close to 0.2% fat
- More than 0.6% protein
- More than 11% carbohydrates
- 2.3% fiber
Minerals of mandarine
Photo of mandarin
Benefits of mandarines
- It has a high water content, which refreshes us and prevents us from dehydrating.
- It gives us energy to have vitality during the day.
- It is a poor source of fat and protein.
- Mandarin orange does not have a high sugar content, but it is a fruit with few carbohydrates. This energy is also easy to assimilate for the body, since its digestion is fast.
It is a sugar very different from that provided by refined foods. The natural sugar of the fruit, in this case of mandarines, is absorbed gradually given its content in fiber and fructose.
- People with diabetes have to note that a mandarin provides a serving of carbohydrates (10 grams of carbohydrates).
- Mandarines have a moderate content in fiber, which exerts a regulating effect of the intestine, for the prevention of constipation and hemorrhoids. Fiber helps to form the faecal bolus, facilitating evacuation.
- Mandarine helps us eliminate toxins from our body, because of its potassium content.
- Mandarines are very rich in calcium. Calcium together with phosphorus, maintains the balance of the formation of strong bones.
- Magnesium helps relax muscles.
- By its content in folic acid (vitamin B9) helps to grow properly.
- It protects the skin and helps to keep it healthy, due to its vitamin A content.
- Protects us from toxins and aging, by its content in vitamin A, C and minerals selenium and zinc.
Edible composition of mandarines
More information on other citrus in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.