PEAS IN THE KITCHEN
How to cook peas?
Dry peas must be prepared before eating, otherwise they are very indigestible. Therefore, as in most legumes, they should be soaked overnight.
The best way to cook green peas is to do this process with a little water to prevent water to drag the vitamins. It is also important to reduce cooking time. Steaming can better maintain the properties of this vegetable food.
It is ideal to eat them tender, when very young, in salads with other vegetables or accompany them with boiled cereals.
Green peas can be eaten in many dishes: omelet, stewed, in salad, stir-fried, boiled with potatoes, etc.
Pea soup recipe
Ingredients for four people:
- 600 g of peas.
- 1 / 2 cucumber.
- 1 onion.
- 1 lettuce.
- 1 1 / 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- A sprig of parsley.
- Leave the peas to soak for 4-8 hours
- Rinse the peas under cold water and place them in a saucepan with a couple of liters of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes with the sprig of parsley. (Check they are well-made. Remove the sprig of sage from the pan)
- While the peas are cooking, clean, peel and chop the cucumber, the lettuce, the onion and the parsley. Add oil and sauté these ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and boil them for 10 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Beat the mixture with a blender
The pea soup is ready to be served!
Ways to serve:
Serve it hot or cold as a starter
Other pea recipes:
More information on peas in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.