Sweet pepper benefits
BENEFITS OF PEPPERS
What are sweet peppers?
Sweet peppers are the fruits of pepper (Capsicum annuum). Peppers are vegetables.
We can find different varieties with different forms and sizes, thicker, thinner and elongated, etc
They also have different colors, we can find red peppers, green, red and green and even yellow.
Peppers have small white tiny seeds inside.
Red sweet peppers have an intense sweet flavor.
Yellow ones have a milder flavor and are more bitter than green ones.
What are the main nutrients of sweet peppers?
As an energy source, 100 grams of peppers give us 113 calories.
Their proportion of nutrients is divided into:
- Over 92% is water.
- A 0.19% fat.
- About 0.89% proteins.
- Nearly 7% carbohydrates.
- A 1.8% fiber.
Vitamins and minerals in peppers
Peppers are rich in potassium. They also contain small amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, calcium.
Peppers are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C. They also contain small amounts of other B vitamins and vitamin E.
Photo of peppers
Photo of hot chilis
Nutritional characteristics of peppers
- Pepper has a high water content.
- It gives us a lot of energy in the form of calories, which help us to maintain vitality.
- It contains little fat, but of high quality and with many health benefits.
- It has a low protein content.
- It has a moderate carbohydrate content, especially starch.
- It has a very high fiber content.
- It helps to remove toxins from our body, because it contains potassium.
- It helps maintain our brain function, because it contains phosphorus. In addition, together with calcium, it maintains the balance of the formation of strong bones.
- Because of its magnesium content helps the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- Because of its content in B vitamins, it helps us to get energy from fat, protein and carbohydrate intake, to properly grow and maintain our defenses in good condition.
- It protects the skin and helps keep it healthy, because of vitamin A.
- It protects us from colds and helps heal wounds, because it contains vitamin C.
- It protects us from the toxins and aging, because of vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
Pepper drawing. (More food drawings)
Peppers in the kitchen:
More information about other foods and nutrition in the listing above
|*Related information: More information about peppers|
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.