Plants to treat pain
Medicinal plants to diminish body pain
What medicinal plants are suitable to reduce body pain?
Among the plants suitable for pain we have those that have the following properties:
- Analgesic plants to reduce the pain of bones, muscles, joints or other parts of the body
- Antispasmodic plants to reduce muscle spasms
- Anti-inflammatory plants to reduce swelling
- Muscle stimulating plants in case of muscular atrophy
- Antioxidant plants to reduce the wear that occurs in the joints, one of the main reasons to feel pain.
- Diuretic plants to remove excess fluids from joints or inflamed areas.
- Rubifacient plants, which, by external action, irritate the affected area producing a blood supply that decreases local pain.
Plants suitable for pain
Among the main analgesic plants we have willow, from whose bark salicylin, precursor of natural aspirin, is extracted.
Photo of lavender flowers
Referring to pains of the digestive system, camomile has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
In case of rheumatic or arthritic pain, one of the best remedies is St. John's wort. In these types of diseases, the use of diuretic plants helps to decrease the swelling caused by the expulsion of stored liquids, which reduces the pain. Among the most important diuretic plants we have ginger or nettle.
Photo of nettle
To treat headache, there are very useful medicinal plants, for example, lemon balm or boldo. Be the last plant in the form of compresses on the forehead or the head. Boldo is also a good muscle relaxant. Peppermint compresses are also used to treat migraine.
More information on natural medicine in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.