BENEFITS OF POTATOES
What are potatoes?
Depending on the variety, they can have different skin colors, ranging from very light brown to very red, or purple. Inside, their color varies from almost white to very deep and intense yellow.
They have a mild neutral flavor.
What are the main nutrients of potatoes?
As an energy source, 100 g of potato provide 86 kilocalories.
Their proportion of nutrients is divided into:
- More than 74% is water.
- A 0.1% fat.
- Almost 20% carbohydrates.
- A 2% fiber.
Vitamins and minerals of potatoes
Potatoes are rich in potassium and magnesium.
They contain a lot of vitamin C and small amounts of other B vitamins
Photo of potatoes
Potatoes removed from the ground, still hooked to the potato plant
Nutritional characteristics of potatoes
- Potato has a high water content.
- It gives us a lot of energy in the form of calories, which help us to maintain our vitality.
- It contains little fat, but with a high quality and with many health benefits.
- It is very high in carbohydrates, especially starches.
- It is low in fiber.
- It helps to remove toxins from our body, because it contains potassium.
- Because of its magnesium content, it helps the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- Being rich in B vitamins, particularly vitamin B3 and vitamin B9, it helps us get energy from fat, protein and carbohydrate intake to properly grow and maintain our defenses in good condition.
- It protects us from colds, the toxic products, from aging and helps heal wounds, because of vitamin C.
Potatoes drawing. (More food drawings)
Potatoes in the kitchen:
More information about other foods and nutrition in the listing above
|*Related information: More information about potatoes|
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.