How to make raspberry jam
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE
- 2 kg of raspberries.
- 2 kg of sugar
- Wash and clean the raspberries in a colander and leave them to drain and dry.
- Place the sugar in a saucepan and place it in the oven at 110 degrees, until it is hot. Turn off the oven and keep the sugar in it to maintain the same temperature.
- Place a saucepan on low fire and put the raspberries in (no need of water.) From time to time, remove and shake the berries. Cover the pan during the first 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, and when a soupy mixture produced by the juice of raspberries appears, uncover the pan and cook on low fire for 12 to 15 minutes until the mixture becomes very juicy and tender.
- Pour the sugar into the pan and stir well. Raising the maximum cooking temperature and cook about 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place the saucepan on a support in the kitchen bench outside the fire so it can clot, which usually happens in about 3 minutes.
- When clotted, remove the foam and pack. (For packaging use a funnel, filling the jars up to the maximum. Cover the jars with waxed paper when the jam is still warm and cover immediately)
- Keep the jam at room temperature until it loses the heat and subsequently store it in a cool, dry place, protected from light.
You can eat it at lunch on some toast, at tea time, to sweeten the yogurt or custard, as a filling for crepes, to combine with cream, ice cream or cake, etc.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.