Typical German bread recipe
What is Knäckebrot?
Knackebrot is a typical German crisp bread ("Knack"), made with butter and seeds. This type of bread is not fluffy, but a "cracker" ideal with cheese spread or used as a snack.
- 1 and ⅓ cups rye flour
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 70g butter, melted
- ⅓ cup milk, a little more could be added if necessary.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Mix the flour with sugar, salt and butter.
- Add the milk slowly while kneading it until a firm dough.
- Dump the dough on a floured surface and knead previously until it is fine.
- Cut strips or cakes (as we want to be) of the mass.
- Place the strips in a baking tray with baking paper greased with butter or oil.
- Bake it for 40 minutes at 180 ° C.
More information about rye in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.