Red cabbage salad
(How to make a salad with red cabbage
RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE
- Half avocado
- Media spring onion
- ¼ red cabbage
- 3 whole walnuts
- Half a lemon squeezed
- Pinch of salt
How to make it
- Wash the lettuce with water, removing traces of soil, and drain. Cut to medium pieces for salad.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pulp with a spoon. Cut into cubes.
- Cut cabbage into strips or foils.
- Cut the spring onion in half moons.
- Break the nuts and crush to medium pieces.
- In a bowl place the lettuce leaves at the base.
- Distribute avocado, walnuts, onion and cabbage.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with olive oil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Serve as a main dish or accompaniment.
Nutritional properties of red cabbage salad
- Salads are rich in Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant vitamin found in fruits and vegetables that are consumed raw, as it is destroyed by heat (while cooking, for example). It is therefore important to always accompany our meals with fruit or salads, to provide us with vitamin C.
- Rocket has a nice, slightly spicy flavor. Nutritionally noted for its fiber, for its richnes in folic acid and beta carotene, which make it very suitable during pregnancy and for people with obesity.
- Cabbage anthocyanins contributes a component to protect the arteries, capillaries and particularly the small ones such as those of the eyes.
- Onions are rich in quercetin, a flavonoid with numerous health benefits.
More information about onions recipes, nutritional values and medicinal properties in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.