RHUBARB SALAD RECIPE
- 300 grams of garden rhubarb (petioles) washed and chopped
- 1 tender onion
- Wakame Seaweed or Wire
Did you know that...
Rhubarb is a vegetable very rich in oxalic acid or oxalates, substances that prevent the digestion of calcium.
Part of these substances can be removed by boiling the stems (petioles) in water, discarding the broth afterwards.
* More information on rhubard toxicity in the listing above.
Preparation of the salad with rhubarb:
- Blanch the rhubarb with boiling water for 5 minutes and drain (discard the water). Cool immediately with cold water.
- Hydrate Wakame seaweed for 15 minutes.
- Wash the lettuce, removing any external leaves that are damaged (because of transport, storage, etc.). Cut and mix with rhubarb.
- Cut the onion tenderly in julienne.
- Prepare the salad dish with the lettuce and rhubarb in the center, place the Wakame seaweed cut into strips around, the onion on top, and season to taste.
The big volume (fiber) that the dish has, is intended to satiate us. It is important to chew well and eat quietly for the body to enjoy such delicious food. Recommended for people who want to lose weight with health, because of its satiating power.
Rhubarb may have a slight laxative effect, because it contains cathartic compounds (which accelerate defecation) such as those containing the cascara sagrada and cassia, vey known laxatives in phytotherapy
More recipes and information on rhubard in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.