Wild flower salads properties
How to prepare a wild flowers salad
Salad with wild flowers
Wild flowers salad recipe
- Wild leaves: Lettuce leaves, rocket leaves, or similar. You can add fresh wild leaves such as those of oregano, sage, burnet, mallow, Sorrel, dandelion, violet , lemon balm, celery, basil, mint, fennel, ...
- Wild Flowers: poppy petals, violet flowers, mallow flowers, calendula,...
- Olive oil and salt to taste
Photo of wild leaves
- Wash all the leaves with water and drain. It is important to check that they do not have red spots or they are not damaged.
- Cut the leaves into pieces.
- Add the leaves, one by one gently to the salad. Mix the ingredients with care not to damage the flowers.
- Remove the petals of calendula and poppy and spread on top.
- Optionally, add nuts or fruits.
- Dress with olive oil and salt to taste.
- Serve as a starter or as an accompaniment.
Photo of wild leaves, flowers and fruits salad (chopped rose hips have been added)
Properties of wild flower salads?
In order the recipe to have more properties, you must know some details about the best time to harvest: for example, it is better to pick calendula flowers from 12-1 at midday because that's the time when higher concentration of flavonoids are found in its floral chapter (Flavonoids protect flowers from the sun rays).
Recipe courtesy of Montserrat Enrich's Blog: "Wild Gastronomy".
More information about wild plants in the kitchen in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.