Sciatica natural treatment
Natural medicine for sciatica
What is sciatica?
Sciatica is a disease produced by sciatic nerve inflammation, being the cause of one of the strongest pains in all diseases.
The pain caused by inflammation of the sciatic nerve is one of the largest cause of time off work.
How do I know I have sciatica?
Sciatica pain is so strong that, in many cases, prevents a normal life
The main symptoms of sciatica are:
- Pain in the lumbar
- Onset of pain behind the thigh
- The pain may move to the calf or foot.
Why does sciatica occur?
The main cause of sciatica pain are:
- Rheumatic or disc problems: Basically rheumatic problems or disc diseases are the main reasons for most sciatica cases, especially herniated discs that is the most common cause.
In the herniated disc a displacement of the disks found between the vertebrae (spinal discs) takes place. This displacement produces a pressure on the sciatic nerve and the subsequent inflammation, causing sciatica pain.
- Narrowing of lumbar canal or spinal canal (Lumbar spinal stenosis) : The backbone circulates inside of the vertebrae in a spinal canal or cavity. The lumbar canal is part of vertebral channel corresponding to the lower back. Over the year, this area becomes narrower pressing the sciatic nerve. This type of sciatic pain mainly affects older people.
- Damage to the sciatic nerve: This pain can come from damage in the same nerve.
- Pregnancy: Increased uterus can press the adjacent organs and these, in turn, put pressure on the sciatic nerve
- Contractures in the piriformis muscle (Piriformis syndrome): The piriformis muscle, which is the muscle that bends the leg, may be in contact with the sciatic nerve so any contracture of this muscle can affect the nerve.
- Pain radiating from a nearby problem: Sciatica can also be the result of a radiative pain from other ailments next to this nerve, as this occurs, for example, in certain inflammations of the hips.
- Tumors of the sciatic nerve: Any tumor in the sciatic nerve can cause pain in this nerve
- Blows or injuries: The sciatic nerve may be affected as a result of trauma or injury. Prolonged compression positions in the buttocks can also cause inflammation of the sciatic nerve.
- Consequence of other diseases: Sometimes sciatica pain body responds to other diseases such as diabetes, tumors, etc.
- Virus or eating disorders: Very rarely is caused by viruses or dietary deficiencies.
Tips for avoiding sciatica
Among the main tips to avoid sciatica, we will mention the following:
- Avoid disc injuries: It is very important to take some precautions when lifting weights. Instead of bending your back lifting it is better to bend your legs and lift weights using the strength of leg muscles. When getting up from a bed, do not strain your back, but lean your legs on the floor.
- Conduct regular physical activity: To strengthen the muscles of your arms and back. This will help prevent injuries of the vertebrae that could cause sciatica.
- Avoid obesity: Obesity is an additional effort to body structures. A body without overweight has to make less effort in daily activities so you have less risk of injury.
- Do not force your column with poor postures: Sitting badly, bending or twisting your back, forcing to cross your legs can sometimes put excessive pressure on the sciatic nerve.
Ordinary treatment of sciatica
In the treatment of sciatica, the first thing to be done is bed rest in order to deflate the nerve. Sometimes it is not necessary to take medication. Other times the ingestion of anti-inflammatories and analgesics is advised.
When it comes to fractures or structures that compress the sciatic nerve, the solution of these problems is in surgery. Surgery to release the nerve improves the symptoms of this problem.
Natural treatment of sciatica
The natural treatment of sciatica involves the use of a number of natural remedies whose mission will be to lower the inflammation of the affected nerve and reduce pain.
More information on sciatica and pain remedies in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.