Multiple sclerosis herbal natural treatment
Characteristics of multiple sclerosis
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS is a degenerative autoimmune disease of the central nervous system characterized by blockage or retention of nerve impulses, resulting in loss of many body functions. (Loss of speech, inability to walk, memory loss, urinary incontinence, etc)
The lack of nerve impulses is caused by the destruction of myelin, the protective insulating layer of nerve cells. This disease causes inflammation of this layer and subsequent healing with its consequent hardening, making it difficult or preventing nerve transmission.
This disease primarily affects neurons in the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. The problems usually affect a single body part, though, more rarely, they appear at both sides.
It is a disease that occurs more in women than in men and usually develops between 20 and 40 years, but it may also appear from 12, especially in women, or at any time of life. From 50, it affects more men. There are more than 2.5 million people worldwide suffering from multiple sclerosis.
This disease can have an evolution with constant or similar symptoms, and some episodes may be asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. In some cases the symptoms resolve and do not reappear until after many years.
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis
The main symptoms are:
- Muscle stiffness
- Tremors in the legs
- Coordination problems
- Muscle spasms
- Loss of the balance
- Difficulty in walking
- Difficulty in urinating
- Difficulty to swallow foods.
- Difficulty to speak or pronounce.
- Double vision
- Involuntary eye movements
- Memory loss.
- Diminution of the ability to reason
- Problems with attention
Causes of multiple sclerosis
It is a degenerative autoimmune disease in which the body attacks its own nerve cells themselves. Although the real causes of this disease is not known, it is suspected that a number of possible factors might trigger this attack:
- Virus: The most generalized opinion is than this disease could be consequence of a autoimmune answer of the own organism to a previous a viral infection. The body's own antibodies, previously produced in certain infections, such as herpes, measles or rubella, attack the body causing autoimmune reactions that cause inflammation.
- Genetics: There is evidence that people with relatives who have this disease, are 20 times more likely to develop it.
- Race: There are certain populations that are much more likely to have this disease. The populations most affected are those from North America and central Europe where 1 in every 1000 people suffer from this disease. The populations of South America, Arabia and Central Asia are less likely to develop it. It is said that as we move from north to south, the percentage of patients decreases. It's being studied why this phenomenon occurs, if it is a fact determined solely by genetics or other causes may be involved as food, climate, the effect of sunlight or pollution factors.
- Food: According to some studies, the countries that consume larger amount of food rich in saturated fat tend to be those with higher rates of multiple sclerosis patients. It has also been seen that those countries that consume higher amounts of essential fatty acids are those with a smaller number of patients.
This could explain the fact that in the industrialized north and central Europe and Asia the incidence of this disease is very high, while other less industrialized countries is lower. It also explains the fact that Japan, being a highly industrialized country, has a much smaller percentage of patients that Central Europe or the United States because the Japanese diet includes plenty of soy or oily fish, foods very rich in essential fatty acids.
- Rage: According to some researchers, this feeling is responsible for the liberation of chemical substances that attack the myelin of neurons.
Diagnostics and treatment of multiple sclerosis
In the presence of symptoms that can lead to suspicion that a person may be developing this disease, it is important to make a visit to the doctor to diagnose the real causes of these symptoms. An early diagnosis can help stop or improve their subsequent evolution. The application of appropriate treatment at an early stage will help reduce damage to the nervous system.
To properly diagnose the neurologist will perform a complex series of explorations. This diagnosis can be made through MRI, lumbar punctures or medical tests to help rule out other diseases with similar symptoms.
The official medical treatment involves using a series of drugs for autoimmune factors reduce or ameliorate the symptoms associated with this disease, such as those aimed at reducing depressive symptoms, increase muscle tone or to treat urinary problems.
The natural treatment of multiple sclerosis involves the use of a series of natural resources that can help prevent or improve symptoms
More information on the multiple sclerosis and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.