How to make a tonic for your stomach
What is a stomach tonic?
Stomach tonic preparations are those that are used to restore the normal functions of the stomach.
A stomach tonic strengthens the stomach and allows this organ to work again as normal
Turmeric strengthens the stomach
How is a stomach tonic prepared?
- Medicinal plants with stomach tonic properties: we can distinguish between those medicinal plants that have medicinal properties and need not to be combined with other products for toning your stomach.
- Wines with stomach tonic properties: They are wines where some medicinal plants have been macerated which has transferred them their tonic properties for the stomach.
Coriander has stomach tonic properties
Vervain tonic wine
- 10 or 12 tablespoons of crumbled dried common verbena.
- 1 liter of white wine.
- In a glass jar, pour 1 liter of white wine.
- Add 10 or 12 tablespoons of crumbled dried verbena. (For sale in pharmacies or herbalists)
- Mix well and let the mixture macerate for a couple of weeks.
- After that, filter well and keep it in a glass bottle in the refrigerator.
How to use it
We will drink three little cups a day. One before each main meal.
For its alcohol content, do not supply this product to young children or people recovering from alcoholism.
How is a stomach tonic taken?
If tonic wines, they should be made with an adequate preparation, which consists on macerating the herbs in wine from grapes for a few hours in a warm place. Subsequently, the preparation is strained and stored in a glass container, preferably dark.
How to use stomach tonics?
You can drink a glass of tonic wine after the two main meals.
Nonalcoholic preparations must also be supplied after eating.
How to preserve stomach tonics?
Non- alcoholic preparations have a very limited duration and must be prepared to be taken on the same day.
Tonic wines can be kept several months, provided they are sheltered from light and in a cool place.
SOME RECIPES OF STOMACH TONICS
Among the many preparations for toning the stomach, we can mention the following:
- Common verbena tonic wine: See recipe of the right column
More information on other types of tonics and medicinal plants in the listing above.
TABLE OF COMMON PAINS
|Muscles and sinews|
|Muscular atrophy||Bones and joints|
|Spasms/ache/cramps||Back or spine ache|
|Muscle pain||Neck pain|
|Stomach ache||Period pains|
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.