Vaginal itching natural treatment
Irritation of the vagina
Characteristics of vaginal irritation
Itching in the vagina is the feeling of itching that occurs mainly in the vulva, affecting especially the outer lips. It is a very unpleasant sensation that drives many times involuntary scratching which may cause lesions in the vulva.
Symptoms of vaginal irritation
Vulvar itching, irritation, swelling of the lips of the vulva, redness and swelling of the vulva, etc.
Causes of vaginal irritation
The main causes of vaginal itching are:
- Vaginal Infections: The infections by fungi can be responsible for this malaise. (More information on vaginal infections in the listing above)
- Vaginal dryness: The lack of vaginal secretions produces dryness in the vagina and is responsible for many cases of vaginal itching.
- Vulvar contact dermatitis or allergy: This happens as a result of the aggressions produced to the vulva. For example the use of too tight and very rough underwear, the use of very tight pants, the use of deodorants or creams that contain unnatural chemicals, colored toilet paper, soaps, chemicals, etc., are substances that attack the female genital area and may cause eczema or allergic reactions with intense genital itching.
- Seborrheic dermatitis (genital seborrhea): Although habitually the seborrhea affects other parts of the body, it can also affect the female genital area producing, among other symptoms, itching in this area.
- Parasites of pubic hair: pubic hair lice or commonly known as crabs (Phthirus pubis) is a parasite that is placed in pubic hair and causes a moderate or strong itching, mainly at night. It is a type of parasite that is transmitted mainly through sexual intercourse and is responsible for the infection known as pediculosis.
- Inadequate diet: Sometimes an inadequate diet, with few natural foods, high in coloring preservatives and/or with an inadequate consumption of alcohol or refined sugars can be responsible for the vaginal itching since many of these toxins are excreted through secretions, among them the vaginal ones.
Diagnostics and causes of vaginal irritation
A visit to the gynecologist is necessary in the presence of continued vaginal itching, especially when this does not yield to the application of remedies or is accompanied by abnormal flow, or continuous vaginal dryness. Your doctor will diagnose the reasons for these symptoms. This is especially needed during pregnancy as the presence of microorganisms may influence infant health and development.
The diagnosis of vaginal itching implies an exploration of the patient to check the status of the skin. In case of flow, it usually requires a culture (an analysis of a sample of vaginal secretion). Conventional treatment involves the removal of the causes that produce this itch.
The natural treatment of the vaginal itching involves the use of a series of natural resources that will help lower the itching or to prevent or reduce the causes that produce it.
More information on the natural treatment of the vaginal itching in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.