Vaginitis natural treatment
Treatment for vaginitis
Characteristics of vaginitis
Vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina produced by different causes. There are three types of vaginitis:
- Bacterial vaginosis: is the most common cause of vaginitis since almost half of all cases of this disease occur as a result of this problem. It is caused by a change in pH that alters the flora of the vagina favoring the appearance of harmful bacteria. Among the most characteristic symptoms of this type of vaginitis is the appearance of white -or gray- smelly flow, similar to milk, with a sort of "fish odor".
- Vulvovaginitis: A type of vaginitis caused by a yeast called Candida albicans. It particularly affects women taking contraceptives, those with AIDS, diabetes or those who have sex: It is very rare in women who do not have sex. It is distinguished by the production of white flow which produces no odor.
Both bacterial vaginosis and vulvovaginitis are not considered sexually transmitted diseases.
- Trichomoniasis: It is a type of vaginitis caused by the Trychomonas vaginalis, a parasite that is transmitted through sexual intercourse. The main symptoms that differentiate this problem from the previous ones is the presence of greenish-yellow flow, with very bad smell.
Symptoms of vaginitis
Itching in the vagina or vulva, irritation, burning. vaginal discharge, redness, vaginal pain during intercourse, etc.
Causes of vaginitis
The principal reasons of vaginitis are:
- Infections by microorganisms: These may be fungi, bacteria or parasites that cause some types of vaginitis seen before.
- Changes in vaginal flora: Produced by changes in pH that determine the replacement of the original flora, mainly lactobacilli, on the other flora inappropriate. These changes may result from a lack of lubrication, excessive moisture, a change in hormones, etc. These changes influence the emotional state.
- Stress: It is responsible for changes in the vaginal pH.
- Clothes: Too tight clothes can entail the same problems.
- Drugs, cleansing products or medicines: The ingestion of drugs or certain medicines can produce alterations in the vaginal flora. Also, a very aggressive or too persistent hygiene can lead to the same problems. It can happen with the use of antibiotics, chemical contraceptives,
- Prolonged fiction on vaginal walls: A very continuous sexual practice can produce the same results by continued rubbing of the penis into the vagina. This occurs most easily when condoms with poor lubrication are used, when introducing the fingers or other object without preparing them, or when using tampons.
- Inadequate Diet: Certain foods such as meat treated with hormones or the abuse of sugary foods can facilitate vaginitis.
Diagnostics and treatment of vaginitis
In the presence of any of the symptoms that can suggest the presence of vaginitis, a visit to the gynecologist is needed to diagnose the reasons for these symptoms. This is especially needed during pregnancy as the presence of microorganisms may influence the health and infant development.
The diagnosis of the vaginitis is carried out with an exploration of the patient and normally it requires the analysis of a culture on a sample of the vaginal secretion. The conventional treatment usually involves the use of antibiotics or fungicides.
The natural treatment of the vaginitis involves using a series of natural resources that help prevent or cure the infection.
More information on the natural treatment of vaginitis in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.