Vegetal cake properties
How to make a vegetal cake
VEGETABLE CAKE RECIPE
|Photo of vegetable cake.|
- 200g. chards
- 100g. borage leaf
- 50g. Milk thistle stalks
- 1 large potato
- 3 onions cut into half moons
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 slice of cheese
- Table salt
- Container for oven
- Saute the onions with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Clean all vegetables.
- Put water to boil with salt and cook the vegetables for 14 minutes. With a spoon, remove the foam formed in the cooking water and discard it.
- Cut and grate the potato thin slices.
- Strain the vegetables and cut into pieces.
- Mix in a bowl the vegetables with fried onion, potato rolled (raw) and an egg.
- Place in individual bowls, greased with a little oil.
- Cover with a slice of cheese and cover.
- Cook it in the oven at 180 º C for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and lightly grill cheese for 4 minutes.
This is a delicious and healthy recipe, that gives us a high fiber content. This fiber will permit potato carbohydrates to be absorbed slowly, so this will bring us satiety and will prevent us craving for food between meals.
This recipe is very suitable for people with heart problems and cholesterol. It is a contribution of polyphenols and omega 9 beneficial for the health of the arteries and heart as well as being a cleanser dish because it contains fiber, which helps lower cholesterol.
This recipe is well tolerated also for people with stomach problems, as it is easy to digest because potatoes, together with olive oil, help protect the gastrointestinal mucosa.
Because of its antioxidant qualities, energy and wealth in folic acid from green leafy vegetables, it is an interesting dish for children, athletes, youth, for those on slimming diet, in the diet for constipation, pregnant women and the elderly.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.