Eye floaters or eye spots prevention
How to prevent eye spots
HOW TO PREVENT EYE FLOATERS
Why eye floaters appear
In many cases eye spots or floaters correspond to a degeneration of the vitreous humour of the retina, because of the normal devolution which this liquid is being subjected to as time passes.
Consequently, it is not preventable. In other circumstances, this eye disorder is the result of diseases of the retina, which are also difficult to prevent.
Tips to avoid eye floaters
Many experts recommend a series of tips that can help slow or stop its development. Among them, we could mention the following:
- Avoid stress or eyestrain and make eye relaxation techniques.
Cucumber slices in the eyes to relax eye muscles
How to relax eye muscles
A well-known technique used to relax the eye muscles can be described as follows:
- Without closing your eyes, cover them well with your hands.
- Place your palms well over your eyes until you do not see any light. Close your eyes for some seconds.
- With your eyes covered, wide open your eyes, look forward while you go on blinking.
- Continue this exercise for three minutes. Then, close your eyes, remove your palms and open them well without looking directly at a bright light source.
Steamed, boiled or raw carrots are recommended for eyes health because they are rich in vitamin A
- Use good lighting at work or appropriate lenses to avoid eye strain.
- Protect your eyes from direct sunrays. Use sunglasses with the adequate ultra-violet protection factor. Direct sunrays can damage your retina and be responsible for the appearance of spots on the eyes. This has to be particularly taken into account in summer when sun rays are stronger and especially when being at the beach where water and sand reflect the sun with greater intensity.
You must be even more careful if you are at the mountains where solar radiation is higher, especially with the presence of snow. You should never look at the sun directly even if wearing sunglasses.
- Perform daily outdoor walks or recreation activities in the open air in order your eyes to come into contact with sunlight: The previous tip does not imply that we should avoid sunlight on our eyes. Sunlight is necessary for the proper functioning of your sight. Therefore, carrying out daily walks or outdoor recreation is highly recommended.
However, you should always keep in mind that you should not overexpose your eyes to sunlight and you should avoid sunrays directly or indirectly reaching our eyes. Protect them properly with adequate sunglasses.
- Use natural remedies to enhance your eyes health and protect them from free radicals degeneration.
More information about eye floaters and their natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.