HOW TO GROW DAISY FLOWER
It blooms in early spring - early winter. Mainly in May, although its flowering period is long. Even some flowers can be born amid mild winters..
Abundant watering, especially during summer.
Used for gardens, flower pots, flower beds. It has medicinal properties, being suitable as a diuretic, tonic, expectorant and antitussive. External use has vulnerary properties. (More information on the medicinal properties in the listing above)
Daisy, environment and exposure
In can grow in full sun, demi-shade or full shade.
From seeds in late summer or by division in autumn. It spreads by seed and by division of clumps.
Propagation by seed:
- Plant it in June in nursery
- In late summer, the seedling is transplanted in pots.
Propagation by division of clumps:
- It involves transplanting a piece of bush, from a plant grown from its rhizomes (thickened roots).
- It must be done after the plant blooms.
- In autumn or mid February, divide a clump of a plant, from its rhizome. To do this we can unearth the adult plant, and divide it into as many rhizomes as it has being producing.
Loose soil, with sand. Well-drained soils. soil pH between 6.1 and 6.5 (slightly alkaline)
More information about daisy in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.