Heartburn natural medicine
HEARTBURN SYMPTOMS AND REMEDIES
Characteristics of heartburn
What is heartburn? Heartburn or pyrosis is a burning sensation in the stomach or esophagus caused by reflux of gastric acids that are not arrested by the esophageal valve.
This valve is in charge of controlling the passage between the esophagus and stomach. It opens to allow moving food in and closes to prevent this to come back.
Sometimes the acid comes up into the throat so the burning sensation is felt in this area.
Symptoms of heartburn
The main symptoms of heartburn are:
- Acid reflux into the esophagus
- Cough, etc.
Causes of heartburn
Why does heartburn occur? The main causes of heartburn are:
- Hiatus hernia
- Weakening of the esophageal valve: The cause that produces this anomaly is sometimes the weakening of the valve that closes the passage from the stomach into the esophagus. The weakening of the esophageal valve could have been produced by:
- Prolonged and violent contractions of the muscles, as produced in normal and prolonged vomiting or intense efforts without prior preparation, etc.,
- Muscle flaccidity produced by age.
- Unsuitable diet (More information about " Diet for heartburn" in the listing above)
- Drugs or alcohol
Treatment of heartburn
Heartburn requires appropriate treatment to reduce the burning that gastric acid reflux causes. Besides the burning sensation that the acidity of gastric juices causes, heartburn must be controlled to avoid more serious problems could develop, such as inflammation in the esophagus (Esophagitis), ulcers in the esophagus (Peptic ulcer) and even possibility of developing malignant tumors.
Usually an appropriate treatment with antacids and compliance with a set of rules allows the control of this disease. Sometimes surgery is required when heartburn can not be stopped.
It should be checked that heartburn is not accompanied by other symptoms such as dizziness, vomiting, shortness of breath, etc. In these cases, you should go to the doctor promptly, because these symptoms could indicate a heart problem.
The natural treatment of heartburn involves using a series of natural resources for its prevention or improvement
More information about heartburn natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.