How to sleep better
Tips to sleep well
HOW TO SLEEP BETTER
Tips to sleep better
To be able to sleep better and keep your sleep overnight you should consider the following tips:
- Use the bed only for sleeping. If you are nervous and you can not sleep, you should stand up and listen to music, read, etc. in a different room. You should only go back to bed when you have real need for sleeping. You should never work in bed.
- Sleep only the hours needed. You should try getting up and going to be at the same time each day. Naps should not be extended beyond an hour.
- Avoid violent physical exercises two or three hours before bedtime. However, moderate exercise, like a pleasant stroll after dinner or a brief stretch before getting into bed can help you fall asleep.
- Avoid high-fat food, salty and heavy meals, specially a few hours before bedtime. By contrast a light meal high in protein or carbohydrate, like a glass of milk, yogurt or cheese, some biscuits, etc. can help you sleep. Similarly, those foods rich in calcium, magnesium, vitamin B and vitamin C promote sleep.
Vitamin C promote sleep.
- If you are elderly, you will have to avoid drinking a lot at ni
ght to avoid having to wake up too many times to urinate.
- A relaxing bath with plants in relatively cold water is sometimes very useful. (More information on herbal medicine for insomnia in the listing above)
- Taking some form of alternative therapy such as massages, breathing exercises, relaxation techniques can serve not only to relax your body, but to direct your our mind towards a more positive thoughts, diverting it from worries or stress that often prevents you from sleeping.
- Protect you from outdoor noise: If a room faces a very noisy street, the use of double glazed windows can isolate you from outside noise. You can even use earplugs.
- Protect you form excessive light: For very bright rooms, the installation of blackout curtains, can promote sleep. This type of clothes do not let any light enter. If this is not possible, you can use a sleeping mask to cover your eyes.
- Do not take sleeping pills without a prescription. Many of these pills (Sedatives or tranquilizers) can be counterproductive and exacerbate the problem.
More information about insomnia and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.