Motion sickness remedies
Home remedies for motion sickness
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR MOTION SICKNESS
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies for motion sickness
How to cure motion sickness with natural products? Among the main plants used to cure motion sickness, we can point out the following:
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) It has been used primarily as a remedy for motion sickness, although it can also be useful in the treatment of general dizziness, especially for its ability to remove the feeling of nausea and prevent vomiting (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water. Take one cup a day. You can eat fresh if it is cut into very fine pieces)
- Cloves (Eugenia caryophyllata) Cloves have been one of the species used in traditional Indian medicine to treat vomiting and dizziness, including travel sickness. (A couple of drops of oil of cloves dissolved in a glass of water, sweetened with honey half an hour before eating or before taking a trip)
- Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) Poor circulation in the brain is the cause of many serious and crippling diseases. One of the most dangerous are strokes that can cause death or paralysis of a body part. Ginkgo extract improve circulation to the capillaries of the brain, increase resistance and helps to prevent breakage.
The daily administration of 60 to 240 mg of this product does not only guard us against strokes but also prevents a range of symptoms associated with poor circulation in his head: dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, poor speech, memory problems, lack of concentration, migraine, hearing loss, and so on.
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) It prevents dizziness caused by disorders of the stomach. (Infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water. Drink 2 cups per day)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) Like chamomile, it is used to remedy digestive nature dizziness (Infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water. Take two cups per day)
- Passion flower (Passiflora caeurulea) It prevents dizziness caused by alterations of nerves (Infusion of a couple of teaspoonfuls of the dried plant in half a liter of water. Drink a couple of small cups a day)
- Red Vine (Vitis vinifera) Its use helps improve circulation in the brain because it decreases the symptoms caused by abnormalities resulting from a poor cerebral circulation, such as memory loss, dizziness, vertigo, headaches, etc. (Decoction of one teaspoonful of dried leaves per cup of water for 10 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes and take each quarter hour 1 tablespoon)
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) motion sickness while traveling by plane, boat or car is produced in many cases by nerve problems. Anxiety or fear of travel ends up producing this sensation. The above remedy can be used to reduce or prevent motion sickness while traveling in a moving means of transport. (Infusion for 10 minutes of a teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water. Take 1 cup water 1 hour before the trip)
Vitamins and minerals for motion sickness
Among the appropriate supplements to treat motion sickness we have:
- Vitamins C and vitamin A, with antioxidant properties, preventing the negative influence of free radicals and improve circulation. The usual dose is set at 1500 mg daily for the first, split into 3 doses and 400 IU in the case of vitamin A.
- A daily vitamin B multi complement can be interesting in this sense (Take one tablet per day)
Diziness and food
A diet rich in vitamins and minerals from plant foods can help improve circulation, prevent cholesterol and other diseases that can cause dizziness. It is particularly interesting to eat those foods rich in potassium whose deficiency is responsible for his disease in many occasions.
Foods rich in potassium are especially lettuce, potatoes, or tomatoes. Other plants would be very rich in potassium vegetables such as borage, spinach, asparagus, peas and fruits such as peaches, apricots, etc.
More information about dizziness and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.