Home remedies for nail fungus
FOOD AND NAILS
What foods should be eaten to have strong and healthy nails?
A high natural food diet, containing many vitamins (especially vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin C), minerals (especially calcium, zinc and iodine), and proteins helps keep your nails in good condition
Vitamins for vigorous nails
- Vitamin A for nails: The highest proportion of this vitamin comes from animal food. It can be found in big amounts in liver, egg yolk, fish -especially blue fish- and butter.
However, for vegetarian people, there are many plant foods that contain this vitamin. Plants that contain provitamin A are specially dark green, orange, red or yellow food plants, such carrots, purslane, spinach, watercress and borage. Other plants that contain it are, for example, squashes, tomatoes, coriander, asparagus, dandelion, peppers, watermelon, melon, brussels sprouts, bananas, apples, plums, oranges, raspberries, mangos, beans, etc.
- Vitamin B for nails: They can be obtained from whole grains (wheat, oats, barley, etc.) Nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts) vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, radishes, endive, radishes, lettuce...) yeast, and so on.
- vitamin C for nails: Citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, grapefruits, limes, mandarins, etc.) are especially rich in this vitamin. Dark green leafy vegetables, such as cabbage or broccoli, or peppers are good sources of this vitamin, too.
Other plants that contain this vitamin include cauliflowers, radishes, Brussels sprouts, spinach, bananas, apples, melons, watermelons, carrots, pineapples, pears, papayas, barley, garlic, berries, celery, peas, strawberries, grapes, figs, beans, chicory, blueberries, potatoes, avocados, soybeans, cherimoyas, pomegranates, coconuts, etc.
Minerals to have your nails wholesome
- Zinc for nails: Foods rich in zinc are: celery, asparagus, borage, figs, potatoes, eggplants, etc.
- Iron for nails: Legumes (peas, beans, black beans, soy, lentils, etc.) are iron-rich plants. Also, green leafy vegetables (spinach, collards, Brussels sprouts,) and nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts)
- Calcium for nails: Vegetables, such as black and white beans, chickpeas, peanuts, cabbage, spinach, turnip greens.. or nuts, like almonds or figs.
Proteins for healthy nails
Animal meat is specially rich in protein. However, vegetarian people can make use of plant proteins that can be found in legumes, (such as soy beans or peas, nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts) or cereals (wheat, oats, barley, etc.).
More information about nail diseases and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.