Nettle side effects
WHAT ARE THE SIDE-EFFECTS OF NETTLE?
External usage side effects
- Skin lesions: Contact with the fresh plant can cause skin lesions as a result of the stinging properties of the plant:
- Sharp pain and burning in the contact zone
Internal usage side effects
- More frequent urination: the plant may affect diuresis. Urine can increase or, in some cases, it has been described the opposite effect (oliguria). It is important to accompany nettle treatments drinking with water to produce the diuretic effect of the plant.
- Interaction with drugs: Nettle can affect blood pressure medications.
This plant has important contraindications. (See listing above)
Pregnancy and lactation
Nettle is a plant known as abortifacient and emmenagogue. Animal studies have shown to have uterine stimulant action. Health authorities do not recommend its use in pregnancy, but it may be taken with caution during lactation.
* More information: Plants and pregnancy.
More information about nettle in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.