Natural treatment for stress
HOW TO CURE STRESS
Phytoteraphy: Herbal remedies for stress
The primary role of phytotherapy in the stress problem is to use those plants with the following purposes:
- Use plants with sedative and hypnotic properties that help us sleep better.
- Use plants to tonic the nervous system
Internal use preparations with medicinal plants to treat stress
- Panax Ginseng and Siberian Ginseng (Panax ginseng/ Eleutherococcus senticocus) Both widely used to combat depression and reduce personal stress (Take capsules prepared according to the patient information leaflet. On sale on pharmacies and herbalists') (See contraindications an toxicity in the general studies of these plants)
- St. John's wort, Hypericum (Hyperycum perforatum) Long-term use of this herb - about 4 to 6 months - makes it a refreshing tonic for nervous system (A teaspoon of crushed flowers for a cup of water. Take 2 cups a day) (View contraindications)
- Borage (Borago officinalis) To balance the excess of adrenal hormones that occurs in a stress situation (Infusion of a spoonful of dried leaves per cup of water. Take a couple of glasses a day)
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) Against any type of nervous disorder and depression - palpitations, spasms, vomiting, nervous exhaustion, stress, anxiety, etc. (Infusion of about 15 grams from the root which has to be left in water all through the night)
- Basil (Ocimum basilicum) infusion of one teaspoon of dried leaves per cup of water. Take a couple of cups a day after meals. Increasing the dose it presents narcotic properties!!!
- Guarana: (Paullina cupana) It is indicated in cases of nervous fatigue, depression, physical and mental exhaustion or for people under stress. (View contraindications and possible toxicity in the general study of the plant)
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) It is very useful for all kind of nervous system disorders (Infusion of a pinch of dried leaves in a glass of water for 1 / 4 hour. (3 glasses per day)
- Angelica (Angelica archangelica)
- Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis)
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis, Lavandula latifolia) In disturbed emotional states, anxiety, nervousness, moodiness or irritability, lavender can help reassure us. (10-minute infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water. Take 2 cups a day between meals)
- Linden (Tilia europaea, T. platyphylos, T. cordata) One of the most used against "Nerve problems" (Infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water. Take 3 or 4 glasses a day, depending on your condition)
- Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus) It can counteract the oxidant factors that stress or smoke produce. (Eat this fruit)
- Hawthorn (Crataegus oxycantha, C monogyna) Particularly for sleeping and anxiety (Infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water. Take a couple of cups a day) (There are preparations in pharmacies and herbalists' of this plant in combination with others such as passionflower or valerian. Drink according to the patient information leaflet)
- Kava kava (Piper methysticum) It eliminates stress and facilitates return to work. (Use tablets available in pharmacies or health food stores according to the patient information leaflet)
External use preparacions with medicinal herbs to cure stress
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) Add to the water bath the infusion of 3 tablespoons of dried plant in a liter of water. Take a bath for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) It is a very gentle relaxing and soporific remedy. In situations of general fatigue or heaviness it can be applied by adding in the water bath a good portion of the infusion of thyme flowers.
- Basil (Ocimum basilicum) Dilute an infusion of dried flowers in the water bath.
Vitamins minerals or other supplements for stress
Vitamins, minerals or other supplements can also be used for stress. among the main ones, we have:
- Wheat germ oil: It can be taken with some of previous remedies being quite effective in treating stress. (Sold in pharmacies or herbalists'. Take it according to the patient information leaflet)
- Pycnogenol: It is an extract of grape. You can take the maximum dose recommended on the product. (Sold in pharmacies or herbalists'. Take it according to the patient information leaflet)
Other natural therapies for stress
In addition to herbal medicine, vitamins, minerals or other supplements, a whole series of natural therapies that may be useful for treating stress can be taken into account. These could include the following:
- Physical exercise: It is well recognized the importance of exercise as releasing endorphins, natural hormones with similar properties to other chemical stimulants that produce feelings of well being. However, non adequate physical activity can even produce more stress. You should find a professional who can establish a pattern of right physical exercises, useful to reduce your stress.
- Music therapy: It uses music as a relaxing resort.
- Relaxing massages: They are very helpful in relieving stress, especially when combined with the application of essential oils.
- Bach Flowers Remedies : Some specialist in this therapy can help you in the treatment of stress
More information about stress and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.