Natural treatment of tinnitus or ringing in the ears
Natural medicine for ringing in the ear
Characteristics of tinnitus
Tinnitus or ringing in the ears is a symptom that occurs in the ear characterized by a very annoying noise, hum or whistle that may appear in only one ear, or in both. Although there are some cases in which there is some real noise in the ear (objective tinnitus), in most cases, tinnitus is a subjective involuntarily feeling that can take place either in noisy or quiet environments.
Is is usually associated with a hearing loss, affecting many millions of people around the world, especially after age 60, being the cause of a poor quality of life and the reason for some depressions.
We must distinguish between a momentary transient buzz produced by some cause which disappears when the cause is resolved, for example, a heavy blow on the ear, and chronic tinnitus that appears from time to time and that assumes the existence of more serious abnormality in the ear or in the body.
Symptoms of tinnitus
The main symptoms of tinnitus are:
Buzzing, ringing, ringing, whistles in the ears, clicks in the ear.
Causes of tinnitus
There are many causes of tinnitus. The most important ones are:
*Momentary Tinnitus causes: They are temporary causes that produce transitory ringing in the ears. These could include the following:
- Wax earplugs. The accumulation of ear wax is one of the most common causes of this type of tinnitus.
- The presence of a foreign body inside the ear, a foreign body inside the ear, such as hair or lint, can produce a strange noise and unpleasant.
- Blows to the ears: A shot to the ear can cause the same symptoms.
- Loud sounds: Disco music, music concerts, pneumatic drills, car brakes, airplanes, etc
- Pressure changes: Changes in intraocular pressure, as happens when going up or down from high mountains, airline flights, and so on. can cause temporary tinnitus.
- Ear infections: The presence of microorganisms causes infections that can cause tinnitus.
- Drug use: The consumption of toxic substances like alcohol, tobacco, or certain medications such as certain antibiotics or aspirin, may be the cause or can agrave this anomaly that disappears or improves when we stop eating these products.
*Chronic Tinnitus: It appears because of a recurring basis over an extended time. Among the main causes of this type of ringing in the ears, we would have the following:
- Meniere's Disease: One of the most common causes of the presence of ringing in the ear.
- Obesity, high cholesterol and hypertension: These symptoms are associated with high cholesterol, excessive weight or hypertension. Treating these diseases will be required to decrease the annoying symptoms in the ear. Other diseases that could cause the same symptoms are hypothyroidism and syphilis.
- Tumors in the ears.
- Perforated eardrum
- Hearing loss: Age, the influence of free radicals that oxidize the cells of the ear, poor circulation, etc. are causes that influence hearing loss that is often accompanied by ringing in the ears.
- Ear injury caused by too much exposure to loud and prolonged noise: Workers in certain occupations, if they do not take the adequate protection, may develop persistent symptoms of ringing in the ears.
Among these, we could highlight workers handling pneumatic hammers or very noisy machines, those who work or go to music bars or loud music concerts, soldiers firing guns, sports cars drivers, etc. It is demonstrated that noise above 90 decibels, experienced for a long time, can frequently produce hearing loss and ringing in the ears.
Diagnosis and treatment of tinnitus
In you are experiencing some of the above symptoms, you are recommended to visit your doctor who can diagnose what are the real causes of this problem. Occasional ringing in the ears disappears when the reasons that produce them are treated or removed.
There are many treatments for tinnitus, including medicines and other methods, such as surgery, electrical stimulation, or sound treatment. Psychological treatment can help you deal with it.
The natural treatment of tinnitus involves using a series of natural resources that can help prevent it or improve its symptoms.
More information about tinnitus and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.