How to relax your teeth
Relax your teeth with natural methods
Exercises to relax your jaws and teeth
In addition to an appropriate herbal medicine to help relax the body of the person suffering teeth grinding, we can perform a series of exercises that can help ease the tension of the jaws and, therefore, improve or prevent bruxism. Among all, we can mention the following:
- Massages to relax the jaws: Massage the jaw with the tips of the fingers turning from right to left.
- Massages to relax the neck and the face: Massage the back of the neck with the fingertips, starting with the area where the neck connects to the hair and let his fingers run down. Massage the forehead, brow area or temples.
- Application of cold or heat on the jaws: Applying a warm or cold cloth on the jaws for a while helps to relax the area.
- Pressure of the tongue in the palate: If you press the center of the upper palate, just where it meets the teeth, with the tip of the tongue for 1 minute, you get your upper jaw relaxed. Then repeat the process with the lower jaw.
Natural therapies to relax your jaws and teeth
Apart from these self-help techniques we can use a number of other resources:
- Music therapy: it consists of using music as a relaxing resort.
- Relaxing massages: They are very useful to alleviate stress, especially when they are combined with the application of essential oils and when they are performed by specialists.
- Bach flowers remedies: A specialist in this therapy can help in the treatment of stress
More information on bruxism in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.